Saturday, March 14, 2015

How blessed you are?

  Here in the city, everything seems so easy and advance. We live our lives in pleasure and enjoyment but did you ever imagine yourself without everything you have here in the city? Did you ever imagine yourself living in the worst place that you’ll know? This blog I made is for my readers to appreciate everything and save things they left behind. I entitled it, “How blessed you are? IWitness: Alkansya”. This is the story of a Boy who works hard just to have his dreams, to graduate at least in High School.
            His name is Anthony, 12-year old boy from Barangay of Sulangan in Eastern Samar. At a very tender age, Anthony has already mastered hard work. He works all week without rest—setting out in the wee hours of the morning to catch fish and collect sea shells, and washing cars in a nearby town in the afternoon. But Anthony’s toughest task is done at night when he dives and scours the seabed for hours, searching for a sea creature used in Chinese recipes and traditional medicine—the sea cucumber.
            Anthony’s hard work is rewarded with a measly income—few coins that he saves in his alkansya or piggy bank. But nonetheless, the boy works tirelessly to fill his money box in hope of someday fulfilling his dream of finishing his studies.
            Now did you imagine yourself, if you are Anthony? He just wants to finish his studying and help his parents at the same time to save his money in the future expenses. Actually this one of the stories of hundreds of children works to earn money. In fact, when I was a child I done the same thing. When i was in grade school, when I’m grade one. When at night, I talked to my neighbours if I throw-away their garbage. The area where the garbage is been thrown is a like a kilometres away from their houses. Imagine, One sack of garbage I carried in my little shoulders just to have some coins from them. At that time I just wanted to earn money. I don’t care if it is too heavy or smelly.
            When I was in Grade three, I worked in my aunt as a Water boy because in our community, I lot of houses don’t have their own water system so my aunt decided to have a business. She decided to build a water system and I’m the one that takes care of it. Every morning, I woke up early to start fetching water and carry it to their houses until they filled their containers. I work hard until 5 in late afternoon.  I don’t care if I’m too tired; I just wanted to earn money. After a long day of work, I just earn 30 pesos not bad for me because all I want is to save my money to buy something I want.
            Lastly, I worked as Construction worker. After hours of schooling, I go in the site to work. I work in different areas. I worked as I Labourer, as a Painter, as a Mason, as a steel man, as a plumber. I know it’s too hard for me to work at the same time to study but I just want to earn money. I’m not just working to earn money but I have an ambition to Graduated and to have a decent job in the near future. Until now, I’m working part time and at the same time, I studying in college. This is too hard for me but I have my goals to finish what I started.

            Now, did you feel blessed after you read this? You are so blessed because you have your parents, they feed you trice a day, they supported your financial needs even your emotional needs, and they loving you that other children don’t have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment